Friday, April 10, 2015

My Retro-Esque AR-15 Part 2... NOW WITH PICTURES!

So I don't have much of an update toward the completion of my AR this time, but I did snap a couple quick pictures of what I've got so far.
Here's a left side view of the receiver area.
Here's my carbine length triangle handguard.
I haven't added the flat slip ring yet. I'm going to wait until I get the new upper to add it on there.

My friend provided me with a 20 round magazine today. Again many thanks to him. It's made by Universal Industries, which as I'm told, made magazines for Colt as well.

UI for Universal Industries.... or CH for Colt, Hartford? MYSTERY!
The A1 grip I picked up at a local gun show.

The A1 grip I picked up is definitely well used. Personally I think it adds character.


The newest addition. Universal Industries 20 round magazine.
The magazine looks like it has been well used as well. I've thought about having the gun refinished in the XM gray type color and possibly making look distressed to give it that older look.

CAR stock on a two position tube.
And here is the stock. I'm not sure who manufactured it or the buffer tube it sits on but they seem to work just fine.


Well that is all for today. I'll keep updating as I add pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment